San Francisco Ballet Nutcracker
Sunday, December 16th
Meet and Greet 6:00 to 6:45p.m., Opera House 3rd Fl. Café Express
Performance, 7 p.m., War Memorial Opera House, 301 Van Ness Avenue, Civic Center
Ticket prices: $104, $95, and $79.
The Harvard, University of Chicago and Columbia alumni clubs again celebrate a gala performance of San Francisco Ballet’s Nutcracker this holiday season. We reserved fabulous seats in the Premium Dress Circle at a special group discount with “Passport Performance” extras. A Sugar Plum Fairy world of holiday magic awaits inside the resplendent Opera House in a wonderland of supersized candy, teddy bears, toy soldiers and such things that are usually visible only to young people nodding off to sleep. Our Passport Performance goodies include a keepsake “Passport” to be stamped with mementos of your Nutcracker festivities, a plush toy for the first 500 children arriving (doors open 6 p.m.), lobby photo ops with costumed Nutcracker characters, 6-6:30 p.m., craft activities and complimentary sweet treats and beverages at Intermission.
Join us on Sunday, December 16th early, 6-6:45 p.m. at our no-host Meet and Greet in 3rd floor Cafe Express area near our Premium Dress Circle seats. Café Express offers light dinner fare including, sandwiches, salads, desserts, champagne and soft drinks. We must be in our seats by 6:50.
Act fast to purchase your tickets through the custom weblink SF Ballet created for our alumni group. We have reserved seats in the Premium Dress Circle at three price points: $104, $95 and $79. Sales close end of business day November 2. Please access our custom website at:
- Click the purple “Buy Tickets” button.
- In the “WELCOME TO NUTCRACKER” page click the purple button representing your university, HARVARD, UCHICAGO or COLUMBIA.
- Scroll down to our December 16, 7 p.m. performance date and click on the purple “Select” button.
- On the left side, under “Select Your Own Seats,” click on “Launch.”
- On the Opera House seating map, mouse/hover over the Grand Tier/Premium Dress Circle area highlighted in grey. Our seating block in Premium Dress Circle then appears in purple.
- Click on our now purple seating area and our alumni seating block appears in black. As you mouse/hover over the seats, the rows and seat numbers are identified.
- Click on the seat(s) you want and then click “Add to cart.” Follow purchase instructions.
The Ballet will mail your tickets to you. Street parking is available but the easiest parking option is the Performing Arts Garage on Grove St. between Franklin and Gough ($20 all evening, 415.252.8238). Visit https://www.sfballet.org/visit/getting-here for driving, public transit and parking info. Please contact co-hosts Elaine Black (Harvard and U of Chicago), email@example.com or Volker Kuebler (U of Chicago) firstname.lastname@example.org, Volker_kuebler@yahoo.com or Jennifer Fong (Columbia) email@example.com with any questions.