Special Interest Groups Guidelines
How do I organize a SIG event through HCSF?
Adding an event to HCSF website
Submit event description to Dan Beck for approval at least 4 weeks before event date: https://hcsanfrancisco.clubs.harvard.edu/article.html?aid=126
After event approval
HCSF staff is responsible for:
- Zoom meeting link is created for event.
- Event is set up on the website.
- Zoom meeting link is added to email event registration confirmation receipt.
- Event registrants’ group is created.
- A permission-based page is created for event registrants on the event description webpage. Please note event registrants have to be logged-in to be able to click on this link.
- Zoom info is added to permissioned event details page.
- If the event has a survey, special instructions, etc., those details will also be added to the permissioned event details page.
- A reminder email will be sent to all event registrants the day of or the day before (depending on day or evening event start time). The reminder email will include the event details and Zoom meeting details. Once the Zoom link has been forwarded, online event registrations will be closed.
PLEASE NOTE HCSF OFFICE HOURS ARE FROM 9am-2pm. If additional administrative help is needed after office hours, please let HCSF staff know a couple of days before the event.
SIG Leader is responsible for:
SIG Leader to approve event description and test all event/registration links.
Request attendee list 3 days before the event from Kirsten Pickford at email@example.com.
As the event organizer check your email a half an hour before the event to make sure that there are no additional questions/missing Zoom links from event registrants.
Forward Zoom log-in information only to people who have registered online for the event.
Zoom conferences set-up
All HCSF Zoom conferences are set-up with a wait room, video on for host and participants and participants are muted upon entrance. If you would like the conference controls to be set-up differently (no wait room, participants may enter the meeting before the host, no one is muted) please add this information to the event submission form.
Reminder of Harvard Club’s Event Policy:
HCSF events must be politically neutral, and not be a "sales pitch" for any individual or organization. The Harvard Club of San Francisco does not provide speaker fees.